- Negotiate and prepare agreements for all facets of design, marketing and selling of juvenile products and toys, including license agreement, inventor option agreement, design service agreement, commercial production service agreement, digital marketing agreement, distributor agreement, sales rep agreement, product sales agreement, termination letter, settlement agreement, etc.
- Negotiate and review daily operation and finance related agreements, including lease, sublease, loan agreement, shipping agreement, engagement agreement, etc.
- Create and update standard form agreements in English and Chinese.
- Supervise outside counsel, paralegal and clerical subordinates in the performance of legal and intellectual property-related tasks.
- Research and prepare necessary background information for litigation preparation.
- Research and answer inquiries regarding contracts, copyright/trademark/patent laws, juvenile product and toys regulation, industry and association requirements, and other legal matters.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Juris Doctorate (JD) from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as in-house attorney or law firm attorney and preferably with juvenile product or toys industry experience.
- Patent experience a huge plus
- Accreditation to practice law in California.
- Familiar with intellectual property laws and preferably with intellectual property consulting experience.
- Must have excellent negotiation skills.
- Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Word.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral in English and Mandarin) as well as proven ability to work with creative and corporate personnel.
- Fluent English and Mandarin language skills.
- May be required to travel.